1 to 1 Conversation
Book a call with us
If you are new to the ideas of effective altruism and want to learn more, or if you already have a good understanding but want to discuss decisions about your career, donations, projects or general goals for the year, fill out the form here and we can arrange a chat.
Talk to us about
Learning more about effective altruism
Discuss the principles, cause areas, opportunities, and how these intersects with your values, interests, and expertise.
Introductions to communities and individuals
Depending on your interests and needs, we can introduce you to groups and individuals based on location, profession, and cause area, both locally and globally.
Whether you are a uni student, thinking about a career transition, unsure what to do, or want advice with your current plan, we would be happy to discuss and explore your opportunities to do good with your career. We’d also be happy to discuss other big decisions, whether it be what to study or a big move.
If you’re thinking about where to give, we’d be happy to discuss different cause areas, charities, and donation platforms. We can also introduce you to collaborators at other organisations who might be better placed to help
Our team at Effective Altruism Australia comprises individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all united by a shared commitment to doing good effectively.
If you’d like to talk with someone else in the EA community, there are a lot of options available to you:
- Apply for Career advice from 80,000 hours
- Apply for AI Safety Career advice from AI Safety Quest
- For those studying or practising medicine you can connect with High Impact Medicine
- For consultants, connect with the Effective Altruism Consulting Network
- For mid-career and senior professionals transitioning into high impact, particularly if you are interested in AI Safety or Governance, you can connect with Successif
- For women, non-binary and trans people looking to make a positive impact on their careers, you can get mentoring with Magnify Mentoring.
- If you are based in Melbourne, you can book a 1-on-1 call with Effective Altruism Melbourne
- For professionals looking to secure a role at a high-impact organisation, you can sign up to the High Impact Professionals directory
- For people looking to do more good with their career, take a look at Probably Good’s career advising and resources
- For folks looking to work on animal welfare, you can Animal Advocacy Careers