Fundraise for us
Host a fundraising event with your friends or at your school or workplace
- There are lots of ways to go about fundraising. It could be holding an event at your school or workplace, doing a
physical challenge like running a marathon, or hosting a fundraising event like a gala dinner, speaker event or
trivia night with your friends. Apart from making more money available for grants to highly effective charities,
your event would also be helping to spread the idea of thinking about effectiveness and evidence when thinking
- If you’re interested in fundraising for us, please let us know by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you to get the most
out of your event, and acknowledge your hard work on our web page.
Talk to your workplace about including Effective Altruism Australia in a workplace giving program
- A lot of workplaces have a workplace giving program which involves employees donating a small portion of their pre-tax
pay to a charitable organisation. Some workplaces even match donations up to a certain amount. Inclusion in workplace
giving programs would also increase the exposure of Effective Altruism Australia to a lot of new potential donors.
We have found that workplaces are often receptive to the evidence and efficiency driven approach of Effective Altruism
Australia, so why not have a conversation at your workplace about us?
- If you’re interested in speaking to your workplace about having us included in a workplace giving program, please
Consider taking Giving What We Can’s Try Giving pledge
Where you can make a shorter term commitment to giving a percentage
of your income to effective charities. Find out more here. https://www.givingwhatwecan.org/get-involved/try-giving/
Get involved and invite your friends
Introduce us to your friends
- Invite your friends to like our facebook page or send them the link to our mailing list. You might be surprised by
who is interested in the ideas behind Effective Altruism Australia.
- If you have contacts who you think might be in a position to promote Effective Altruism Australia in a big way (such
as journalists, event organisers, or people involved in decisions about large charitable donations) please get
in touch with us by emailing
email@example.com, or encourage your contacts to get
in touch, to discuss how we could best collaborate.
Get in touch with your local Effective Altruism group to find out what’s happening in your city.
Help us at events
- Another way you can assist us is by letting us know you are interested in helping out at future Effective Altruism
Australia events, or at fundraising events organised by other members of the Effective Altruism Australia community.
firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, or an introduction to
yourself, and let us know in what capacity and where you would be able to help out, and we’ll be in touch when
Have another idea?
- If you think there is another way you can help our organisation, which isn’t listed here, then please email
email@example.com with a proposal of how you could work
with us and an attached CV.