Effective Altruism is a growing social movement and philosophy that combines both the heart and the head: compassion guided by evidence and reason.
We partner with the charities ranked by independent evaluators as being the most effective at saving and improving lives. We apply the ideas of effective altruism to the issue of alleviating poverty through private donations. You can find out more about effective altruism and other ways of doing good by visiting this website.
Join us for Effective Altruism Global in Melbourne July 13-15!
EAGx events are community-organized conferences about effective altruism. At the conference you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Learn more about how you can do the most good possible
- Hear from EA experts
- Discuss the latest ideas and research in the field of effective altruism
- Familiarise yourself with core concepts
- Coordinate on global and local projects with experts in creating impact
- Meet like-minded, altruistic people
To learn more and book a ticket, visit the official EAGx Australia 2018 website.